OS1/14/54/4
List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
---|---|---|---|---|
STANDING STONES [Muir Pearsie] | Standing Stones Standing Stones Standing Stones Standing Stones |
Rev [Reverend] William Haldane Ph. Minis. [Parish Minister] Charles Miller John Hood, Blacksmith Pearsie John Nelson |
024 | 4 large stones 3 of which are standing up right about 4 & 5 feet in height, the one 2nd. from the south, is lying flat on the ground and has been the largest, their shape is of an oblong square. There are no tradition in the locality regarding them, further than they are beleived to have been ancients monuments |
BYKENHILLOCK | Bykenhillock Bykenhillock Bykenhillock |
Charles Miller Occr. [Occupier] Duncan Wilkie, Esqr. Kirriemuir Val. [Valuation] Roll (1861) & 1859. |
024 | A farm house and offices the property of __ Wedderburn Esqr. of Pearsie |
THE DOCKAN WELL | The Dockan Well | 024 | Authenticated & described in Name Book of Lintrathen Parish |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 4Transcribers who have contributed to this page.
Alison James- Moderator, Alice Bremner
Location information for this page.
Linked mapsheets.