List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
EASSIE CHURCH (Ruins of) Eassie church
Eassie church
Eassie church (in Ruins)
James Smyth
Alexander Allan
Peter Patula
037 The Ruins of a small Building Close to the old manse and situated in the parish Burying place The walls of this church are still standing without the roof.
Eassie Burn
Eassie Burn
James Smyth
Alexander Allan
Peter Patula
037 A small Burn having its source in Dunoon Hill it runs in a Northern direction to it meets the Dean Watter about a mile to the north of the old manse (it only gets the name of the Eassie Burn from the Dean Watter to Balgownie Mill
STANDING STONE (Sculptured) [Eassie Church] Standing Stone (Ancient) James Smyth
Alexander Allan
Peter Patula
037 This is a large sculputered stone standing about five feet ten inches above ground it is three feet broad and about three or four Inches thick it is covered with Hieroglyphical characters on one corner of the stone it appears to represent a man in persuit of wild beasts the most prevailing opinion is that this Great Huntsman was killed by the Beasts and portions of him carried to different parts of the Country & that there was a stone of this description set up where each portion was found

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 7
Parish of Eassie and Nevay -- Sheet 37 No 15 Trace 2

Eassie Church [note]
This name has been referred to the examiner and from his reply
the alteration has been made and the addition added to the description

Standing Stone [note]
This stone is associated with those of Meigle and Aberlemno which evidently
existed prior to the Norman Conquest 1066 As described by all Antiquarians

[Page signed]
Andrew Patton c/a [civilian assistant]

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Alison James- Moderator, Alice Bremner

  Location information for this page.