Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.


List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Castle Hill
Castle Hill
Castle Hill
Castle Hill
Thomas Shaw Esqr. Writer Cupar
Mr. Barclay Sherrif Clerk
New Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account] 1845
David Smith Cupar
Peter Scott Cupar
Mr. Duncan Town Clerk
[situation] South Side of Lady Burn.
A small eminence at the North side of St. Catherine Street on which the [Castle] was erected, and from which it has derived its name. It is also called the School Hill in Consequence of the principal Schools of the Town having been erected there. but Castle Hill is the original and proper name

Continued entries/extra info

44) Parish of Cupar Sheet 5 Trace 7

[Deleted entry for Castlefield]

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.


  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.