OS1/15/31/7

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
PRIEST'S HOUSE (Site of) [Drem Station] Priest's House (Site of)
Priest's House (Site of)
Priest's House (Site of)
P. Burns
George Forrest
Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account] 1835
005 [Situation] About 1 Chain N. [North] from Drem railway Stn [Station]
The site of an old house, which was built by the Knights Templars and had been occupied by the priests of the district. This house was taken down a few years ago to make way for the Railway Station. A Part of the holly hedge still remains that enclosed the garden.

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 7
Parish of Athelstaneford

Form 136 Page
42 Priest's House

"One of the most valuable baronies in the parish is the Barony
of Drem containing above 800 acres of fine land. In former
times it belonged to the Knights Templars when they kept a considerable
stablishment. The Priest's House is still standing and his garden adjoining
defended by a holly hedge which is still in a vigorous state. The chapel, the greater part of which still
remains appears to have been a small but a neat structure and the burial ground attached is now converted into
a fruitful garden. Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account] of Haddingtonshire Page 45

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Trondragirl- Moderator, Ian Anderson

  Location information for this page.