Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

OS1/5/7/41

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
EDINGTON Edington Mr Wilson Edington Mains
George Aitchison Chirnside
George Aitchison Broadhaugh
017.03 A few houses upon the road from Berwick to Dunse comprising a Smithy Joiners Shop and a range of Hinds houses It is called Edington to distinguish it from Edington Hill and Edington Mains. It is the property of Mr Hay of Dunse Castle and tenanted by Mr Wilson -- -
EDINGTON CASTLE (Remains of) Edington Castle (Remains of) Mr Wilson
George Henderson
George Aitchison
017.03 The remains of an old Baronial residence a portion of the wall is still visible. the last time it was occupied was in the Year 1708 by a Sir Archibald Lauder

Continued entries/extra info

[page] 41
Ph [Parish] of Chirnside -- Sheet 17 No. 3 -- Trace No. 3 -- Collected by James McGuire

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Moira L- Moderator

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.