List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Old Kirk
Old Kirk
Old Kirk
William Walker Esqr Bells Ball
Mr. William G. Galloway P. S Master [Parish School Master]
Mr. Robert Smith Merchant
046 A plain building two Storeys high Slated and in tolerable good repair. This was the Established Church from the time of the destruction of the Old Church in the Grave yard behind the Cross Key's to the building of the building of the present new one in 1846 It is at present divided into Small tenements by the proprietor the Hone. [Honourable] Colonel F. M. Cathcart
FREE CHURCH [Dalmellington] Free Church
Free Church
Free Church
William Walker Esqr
Mr. Robert Smith
Mr. William G. Galloway
046 A plain building erected by voluntary Subscription in 1857, it has a neat Cut Stone front with a belfry and Small ornamental pinnacles on each Side, it Contains about 400 Sittings. Attached is a neat Manse two Storeys and well layed out with a Small garden at the rear all Supported by voluntary Contributions

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 63
Dalmellington Parish -- Sheet 46 - 16

"The Church of Dalmellington originally stood in the
" centre of the ground still used as the churchyard ** A new church
" was built in a different part of the town in 1766; but, from the dampness
" of the foundation, & the smallness of the accommodation, it never was
" comfortable - a splendid church, however, a short distance of the town, on a
" fine commanding position, has just been built"
Patterson's History of Ayrshire (1847)

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Chr1smac -Moderator, hillhere

  Location information for this page.