List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
St. CONGANS CHURCH Continued Confirmed by William the Lion, & Adam the Bishop of Aberdeen. In 1412 it was erected into a prebend of the Cathedral of St. Machar of Aberdeen. The only part of the structure which now remains, is the Eastern part of the building called "the quire" and the belfry, the later contains a fine-toned bell. The erection of the quire can be satisfactorily assigned to the first part of the sixteenth century, when it was built by Mr. Alexander Lyon, Chanter of Murray

Continued entries/extra info

[page] 70
County of Aberdeen. Parish of Turriff.

Note: [page signed by] John Bucklow Lce. Corpl. [Lance Corporal] R.E. [Royal Engineers]


  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

GreenflyNZ, Ron Dyce

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.