List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
CAMP (site of) Camp (site of)
James Murray Mill of Laithers
James Grant Overseer Mill of Laithers
George Mitchel Ardmiddle
010 On the top of a cultivated hillock situated on the East side of the old turnpike road leading from Turriff to Huntly, known by the name of "Widdie Hillock", was till recently to be seen, a circular enclosure of stones and earth substantially built, it was about 70 yards in circumference. There was originally a heap of stones near its centre. There is no satisfactory tradition connected with it. Some are of the opinion that is was originally a Druidical Circle, while others are of opinion that it was a small Camp in connection with Lathinow the Pictish Prince. The stones was removed for building purposes in 1830 not a vestage now remains.

Continued entries/extra info

[page] 120
County of Aberdeen. Parish of Turriff.

Note: [page signed by] John Bucklow Lce Corpl [Lance Corporal] R.E. [Royal Engineers]

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

GreenflyNZ, Ron Dyce

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.