List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
NEW DEER (Continued) New Deer
New Deer
New Deer
John Fowlie Culsh
James Leslie M.D. [Doctor of Medicine] New Deer
Alexander Wilson Auchriddie
020 [Continued from page 62]

the south end of the village has sittings for 1500, and the latter situate near the north end (20-4 Trace 6) has sittings for 500. There is a post office, and branches of the north of Scotland and Aberdeen Town & County
Banks. There are two female schools in the village supported chiefly by contributions. A market is held here once a month for buying and selling Cattle. Near the south end are two Inns. Opposite the Church is a stone and slated building the under part of which is occupied by a shopkeeper and branch of the Aberdeen Town & County Bank The upper part and wing are used as a public hall and hallkeepers house. It belongs to a company and is let for meetings etc.
New Deer was originally part of the ancient parish of Deer from which it was disjoined not long after the Revolution. It is termed in ancient records Auchreddy from the name of the land in which the church is situated."
"New Stat. [Statistical] Account"

"New Deer was at first called Auchreddie from a Village of that name near [trace 6] which it stands" Pratt's Buchan
MAINS OF AUCHMUNZIEL Mains of Auchmunziel
Mains of Auchmunziel
Mains of Auchmunziel
Mr Metcalf occupier
John Fowlie Culsh
Alexander Wilson Auchriddie
020 A superior farm steading about a mile & a half south west of New Deer Village. The property of W. D. Fordyce Esq. Brucklay.

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 63
20-8 -- Parish of New Deer Aberdeenshire

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Nora Edwards, CorrieBuidhe- Moderator, EAS

  Location information for this page.