List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
GLEN OF CUSHNIE Glen of Cushnie
Glen of Cushnie
Glen of Cushnie
Stat: [Statistical] Account
Revd. Dr. [Reverend Doctor] Taylor
Robert Ferries, Ground officer, Milton of Cushnie
070 ; 071 A small narrow glen, about 2 1/2 miles in length, and a quarter in width, beginning at the Eastern slope of the Hill of Cushnie, and extending Eastward to about half a mile below the farm house of Brideswell
It is cultivated only on its Northern slope It is wholly on the Cushnie Estate
ST BRIDE'S CHURCH (In Ruins) St. Bride's Church (Ruin)
St. Bride's Church (Ruin)
St. Bride's Church (Ruin)
St. Bride's Church (Ruin)
John Leys, Kirkton of Cushnie
James Tawse, S [South] Brides well
Revd. Dr. [Reverend Doctor] Taylor, Manse Cushnie
Old Statistical Account
071 This name applies to the ruins of the old parish church of which there is nothing now remaining but the four walls The old Church of Cushnie was dedicated to St. Bride. There is on one of the lintels the date 1637, and on a broken stone, 14-, indicating an erection in the 15th Century

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 71
Aberdeenshire -- Leochel & Cushnie Ph. [Parish]

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

CorrieBuidhe- Moderator, haggis

  Location information for this page.