List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Mr. William Smith, Occupier
Mr. John Milne, Tillyfauld
008 A small croft with dwelling house etc. thereon. The property of Sir Alexander Bannerman Bart [Baronet] Crimonmogate.
CHURCH (Ruin) [N of Crimond] Church (Remains of) Rev. [Reverend] Alexander Irvine
Archd. [Archdeacon] Robb Manse
008 Regarding this old church very little is Known, it is supposed to have been erected sometime in the beginning of the fifteenth Century; A stone built in the gateway bears the date of 1617. The Burial ground by which it is surrounded contains several grave stones evidently of great age, &. it is still used as the Parish Burial Ground.
"A part of the South wall of the Old Church, built in 1576 still remains in the Churchyard."
New Stat Acct. [Statistical Account].
"The old church stood a little to the north. Of this more ancient structure the statistical account informs us that, "the Church was built in 1576; at least this date is above one of the doors. It is probable, however, that it had only been repaired that year, as there is still a font stone in the east end." This "font stone" was probably the Piscina - a font in the east end of a church would have been an anomaly at anytime antecedent to this period." Pratt's Buchan
MANSE [N of Crimond] Manse
Revr. [Reverend] Alexander Irvine
Mr. John Milne Tillyfauld
Valuation Roll 1869-70.
008 A commodious dwelling & offices with Glebe attached. "The Manse consists of 3 parts, Viz the Original Structure built in 1763, & two wings or additions that at the East end in 1798, & the other at the North end in 1815." New Stat [Statistical] Account.

Continued entries/extra info

8.11 Aberdeenshire Parish of Crimond

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Kate51- Moderator, Crovie

  Location information for this page.